Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lace Update

Six weeks between blog posts.  That's a spring semester, if ever there was!  It's not over yet, so here is just a short post.
My friend's lace project inspired me to tackle one for myself, and after a few false starts, I settled on a scarf version of "Melon Pattern" from Jane Sowerby's Victorian Lace Today.  I used Juniper Moon Farm Findley, a very nice 50-50 wool-silk blend, in the color graphite.  The pattern was at the right balance of complexity and ease to provide a calming influence during these busy weeks.
before blocking
after blocking to 13'' x 72''
melon stitch up close

2 comments:

smw said...

Your scarf turned out beauteously! The difference between pre- and post-blocking is also impressive!

Oogyknitter said...

So beautiful! An excellent choice of pattern and yarn!