Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Focus on Shetland

I made a trip to Scotland a few weeks ago, with the majority of my time spent in Shetland.  I'm still gathering my thoughts, organizing my pictures, and designing fair isle projects, so this is just to get us started.
One of the highlights of the trip was walking at Sumburgh Head, at the southern tip of mainland Shetland.  I did a loop that included the historical site Jarlshof, which includes evidence of iron age, bronze age, and more recent homesteads.  The picture is a screen shot of one of the web cams to which I am addicted; I've added to it to show the route I took to the light house.

Here is a photo I took along the way.
The whole trip was spectacular and I look forward to sharing more of it soon.

1 comment:

Oogyknitter said...

Beautiful pics, Neuro! I can't wait to see more :)