Sunday, May 15, 2022

Consequences of not swatching

I've been happily making great progress on my Fair Isle project.  It was especially exciting to finish the last large border pattern.  I was happy with how the color changes came together, and was getting ready to begin the lace section.  Then I viewed the work from afar and discovered the appearance of...well, you can generate your own perceptions.  


I put it aside for a few days, until I was psychologically prepared to unravel back to the beginning of the pattern. I changed it to fill in the open area between the Xs and Os and tried to blend the background better.


Now I'm back to being nearly finished with the Fair Isle section!




2 comments:

Oogyknitter said...

I kind of liked the boogle eyes!!! But your new version looks lovely AND definitely more dignified :)

Hartland girl said...

The redo is lovely, but the googly eyes are kind of fun too :)