Saturday, March 9, 2013

March On

Dear Oogy,
Your magic loop socks are fabulous!  I also am missing my DPNs, but our goal this year was to break away from the routine, so I'll keep the magic loop thing going for another pair.  I have to say that my Thing-a-Month effort for February was not stellar, so I am pleased to welcome March and hope to make up for it.  I am making significant progress on the Simultaneous Socks from one of the sock blanks I dyed.  You think that decorating yours with an O was bizarre--I've decorated mine with an N.  It appears backwards half the time, but this will not matter because it won't translate into an "N" on the sock (I'm fairly sure).

How the sock appears so far...
Sock blank before knitting
I have an excuse for my abysmal showing in February.  It seems that most of my family members were born in February and early March, and this year I got it in my head that I was making gifts for everyone.
Mitts for SIL Diane (leftover Silver Scrumptious!)
Mitts for stepmom (they got discarded after I washed them and they grew 2 sizes that day)
Even better mitts for stepmom.  You may recognize the yarn, which you spun and we dyed at your MIL's.

Mitts for niece K-T.  
Hat for nephew Steven.  Mr. Neuro suggested I make him herringbone something.
Hat for brother Rob (and another exactly like it for brother Ron)
And then there is a colleague who has just had his first baby, so booties were in order.
Faux cable booties for Logan
I promise to give regular updates on the March progress!
Love,
Neuro

1 comment:

Oogyknitter said...

Lucky family - such nice things!