Monday, June 8, 2020

Speckle Scarf Plus Wildlife in the City

Over the weekend I finished "Elemental" from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2020.  It called for two strands of lace-weight worked together, which reminded me of your cowl, Oogy! I substituted one strand of speckle-dyed fingering-weight sock yarn. 

It was nice out, so most of this weekend's knitting was done on the patio, with a view of our city wildlife. 
This deer is a frequent visitor, who in past years has leveled my Hostas. 
This year I'm being diligent with Deer Stopper spray!

We've named this Cardinal "Quasi" because of the feather tuft sticking out of his back. 
He's been coming to our feeders for years.

The hummers are back!  Sorry for the poor picture quality--it did not deem important my instructions to stay still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mohair and speckle look great together! AND you're a wildlife photographer as well!!! I remember seeing Quasi there one time, he definitely knows where the good food is at!!