Thursday, October 15, 2020

New hat update

 I have learned a strategy for getting through long Zoom meetings: mindless knitting.  This was one reason that I wanted to start a hat last weekend, so that I would have something to keep my hands busy while attending meetings remotely.  This strategy only works for meetings that don't require me to be a continuously active participant.  For example, I would not knit through a department meeting that I was chairing!  Yesterday I attended a 2 1/2 hour meeting that I was originally going to attend in Chicago.  Instead of 2 travel days and nights in hotels, I was able to observe from my home office.  I probably was able to process more of the details of the meeting that way than if I was there in person.  So, it's not all bad, this Zoom thing.

Plus, I made significant progress on the hat:


After watching some of the Shetland Wool Week events online I began to yearn for a Fair Isle project.  Now there is (another) reason to look forward to the next Zoom meeting!


1 comment:

Oogyknitter said...

Wow - you are totally Zooming through that hat this week!!! It looks awesome as well! One of the great things about (fairly mindless) knitting is that is keeps that part of your brain happy while the other part can pay attention to the meeting (audiobook, musical composition, movie, etc.). Knit on!!