Monday, October 12, 2020

A much needed break

I signed up to teach an accelerated course, packing 15 weeks of content into half that time, meeting with my class over Zoom 4 times a week.  It's been going well except that I can barely keep up with the constant preparation (teaching online takes longer to set up!) and I'm behind in grading.  Plus, I'm on a big committee (akin to a faculty senate) and I'm co-chairing my department. It seems like I am complaining, but I do feel fortunate 1) to have a job that I like and 2) to be healthy.  

I finally decided to take a day off, to enjoy a beautiful autumn day last weekend.  

I started a new Fair Isle hat.  It's design is only a vague idea rattling around in my head at this point.  I've actually already started it over since this picture was taken.



It was a beautiful day, so I was able to sit on the patio and enjoy the last of the season's flowers.

Then I came inside and worked on a weaving project that has been on the loom for many months.  I was learning some new techniques and am glad to be done with that experiment.  The feline helper decided it was useful as a pillow.

It was clear that he was having trouble keeping his head up.

Crashed!


1 comment:

Oogyknitter said...

It was a beautiful day! So glad you could enjoy it with some yarn and a friendly feline! And I think he might be on to something - a head hammock! Just think, we saw it here first!!